Product Safety Notices & Recalls
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
- Big Y Sliced Strawberries Withdrawal - August 6, 2021 - Topco Associates has issued a withdrawal for Big Y sliced strawberries (frozen) that come in a 16-ounce container due to a problem with the consistency of the product.
- McCormick Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning Recall - July 27, 2021 - McCormick & Company, Inc. is initiating a recall of McCormick Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning due to possible contamination with Salmonella.
- Culture Pop Withdrawal - July 26, 2021 - Culture Pop is issuing a market withdrawal for several flavors of their 4-pack soda due to defective packaging.
- Big Y Just Like Mom's Salads Withdrawal - July 16, 2021 - Big Y Foods is withdrawing the following varieties of Big Y Just Like Mom’s Salads in both the 16oz and 3lb containers and the Homestyle varieties of the same salads sold over the counter from the deli service case, due to a quality concern: Potato & Egg Salad, Macaroni Salad, Potato Salad and Red Skinned Potato Salad.
- Neutrogena Aerosol Suncreen Recall - July 15, 2021 - Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (JJCI) is recalling all lots of five NEUTROGENA® aerosol sunscreen product lines to the consumer level. Internal testing identified low levels of benzene in some samples of the products.
- Big Y Utica (Fine Grind) Crushed Red Pepper Withdrawal - July 15, 2021 - Big Y is issuing a Market Withdrawal for 5oz bottles of Big Y Utica (Fine Grind) Crushed Red Pepper because they may contain regular crushed red pepper not fine ground. This is not a food safety issue.
- Big Y Just Like Mom's Potato & Egg Salad and Macaroni Salad Withdrawal - July 12, 2021 - Big Y Foods is withdrawing Big Y Just Like Mom’s Potato & Egg Salad and also Big Y Just Like Mom’s Macaroni Salad due to a quality concern.
- Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips Recall - EXPANDED - July 4, 2021 - Tyson Foods, Inc., has expanded its recall from 7/4/21 to included more date codes and poundage of their frozen, fully cooked chicken.
- Big Y Just Like Mom's Macaroni Salad Withdrawal - July 9, 2021 - Big Y Foods is withdrawing Big Y Just Like Mom’s Macaroni Salad due to a quality concern.
- Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips Recall - July 4, 2021 - Tyson Foods, Inc., is voluntarily recalling approximately 8.5 million pounds of frozen, fully cooked chicken.
- Big Y Just Like Mom's Potato & Egg Salad Market Withdrawal - June 28, 2021 - Big Y Foods is withdrawing Big Y Just Like Mom’s Potato & Egg Salad due to a quality concern.
- Newman's Own Pepperoni and Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza Withdrawal - June 28, 2021 - Big Y is issuing a withdrawal of Newman’s Own Pepperoni and Newman’s Own Sausage with Pepperoni Pizzas due to a quality concern of discolored pepperoni.
- Big Y French Onion Dip Withdrawal - June 25, 2021 - Big Y is issuing a Market Withdrawal for 9oz bottles of Big Y French Onion Dip due to inaccurate kosher (OU) labeling.
- Thimble Island American Ale 12 Pack Market Withdrawal - June 22, 2021 - Big Y Foods is issuing a Market Withdrawal of Thimble Island American Ale 12 pack for quality and safety reasons.
- Big Y Burgundy Wine Marinade Withdrawal - June 17, 2021 - Big Y is issuing a Market Withdrawal for 10oz bottles of Big Y Burgundy Wine Marinade due to inaccurate kosher (OU) labeling.
- Clio Greek Yogurt Bars Recall - EXPANDED - June 10, 2021 - Clio Snacks has expanded its initial recall that was issued on May 17, 2021 to include more sell-by dates.
- Beech Nut Complete Rice Cereal Recall - June 9, 2021 - Beech-Nut Nutrition today has issued a recall of one lot of Beech-Nut Stage 1, Single Grain Rice Cereal. This recall is a result of a routine sampling program by the State of Alaska which found that samples from that production lot tested above the guidance level for naturally occurring inorganic arsenic set by the FDA in August 2020, though the rice flour used had been tested and confirmed as being below the FDA guidance level for inorganic arsenic.
Both FSIS and FDA offer free recall email notifications. By clicking on the links on the FSIS and FDA recall pages, you can sign up for email notifications of all recalls. All you need is a valid email address.
Recalls.gov - Your Online Resource for Recalls - http://www.recalls.gov/
FDA's Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts Page - http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Current Recalls and Alerts - http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fsis_Recalls/Open_Federal_Cases/index.asp